Friday, May 25, 2007

Midwest Airlines ***1/2

Already this year, I have flown Midwest Airlines three times. Once cross-country to San Francisco, another time to Omaha for my father's 80th birthday, and just recently this week to Ohio for work. Last year, I flew the airline a handful of times. While flying Midwest isn't always the easiest way to get from point a to point b, there are many reasons why I opt to ride on this budget-friendly carrier over the big competitors.

First, the seats. My goodness do I leave their seats. And boy do I appreciate their seats even more after I've had to endure other airliner seats. What's so great about them, you ask? All of Midwest is First Class. Seriously. Those big comfy leather chairs that they always parade us economy types past en route to the cramped, blood-clot inducing seats that we have to stuff our bodies into. Midwest is comfy-cozy big leather seats all the way. You can almost hear the wave of sighs filter down the plane as passengers take their seats.

Second, homemade chocolate chip cookies baked in-flight and delivered to you warm. 'Nuff said. The gooey-ness speaks for its self.

Third, the prices are incredibly reasonable. When you take the above mentioned perks into account you would be a fool to fly any other way. Which is why, on a recent trip to Columbus, Ohio, upon learning that there was no direct flight available, I decided it was totally worth it to route my trip through Milwaukee.

So, check 'em out the next time you travel this great country of ours - it appears the airlines is doing well as they add new stops every day it seems. I hope the trend continues, the other guys could learn a lot from the simple and cost-effective luxury. Three and a half out of four stars. If only they gave free meals...or booze...then I'd be totally sold!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't think I 've ever flown them before. I will have to check them out next time I go anywhere. Thanks, Daily Review!
:)

michelle said...

i've never even heard of them, but will have to check them out for my trip to dallas!

Venerable Bede said...

Enjoy them while you can, AirTran is trying a hostile take-over, and sure to ruin the airline in ways only AirTran can.