Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Planet Earth ****


April is Earth month. And here at the Daily Review, we are a crunchy sort. We...okay I...have a great appreciation for our planet that was instilled in me at an early age. I also have a great deal of fear about where we are headed. So every Wednesday during the month of April, and possibly beyond, I will be dedicating my review to something "earth friendly".

Have you seen this new series on The Discovery Channel? Planet Earth? To quote Oprah, "It is the best thing that has ever appeared on television".

Indeed.

The 11-part series was 5 years in the making and features the latest in technology. There are many images and sequences that are captured on camera for the first time ever. Ever! And it is beautiful. As I watch the program on our awesome hi-definition TV, I fall in love with the animals that I see, the scenic beauty that this little blue and green ball of ours possesses, and I want to cherish it more than ever before. Each episode finds me riveted and wide-eyed like a child.

Watch it. If you have children, watch it with your children. Show them the greater planet that's out there and teach them to be stewards of it. You can see Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel on Sundays at 8pm Eastern Time. The full DVD set will be released this summer. I give it four out of four stars. It's perfect.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

My sister told me about this. But Alas, I do not have cable.

Eleanor Rigby said...

ARGH! Do you guys Netflix? When it comes out on DVD, you should totally rent it. You would love it!

michelle said...

hello, here thru les! this series is absolutely amazing.. I couldn't rave enough about it on my blog. My 7 year totally loves it , too!

glenda said...

We have been Tivo-ing it and watching regularly! It is awesome!!! Joe loves anything on the Discovery Channel, and we watch a lot of nature shows, but this is the best so far! We love, love, LOVE it!